Best Dehumidifier For Basement Reviews And Buying Guide of 2018
Let’s take a look at our best dehumidifier for basement reviews and buying guide of 2018 for perfect dehumidifiers and useful advice
You are now in search of an economical yet high quality dehumidifier but you have many concerns regarding how to pick up the best one? We all understand that a dehumidifier is of great help for our basement. Basement – just the name of it can remind us of a place with high humidity. The excessive moisture is the reason of many annoying things such as the musty odor, mold, mildew and bacteria. As a result of that, the basement can be the starting place for breathing problems and poorer health for the people living in the house. That is why a dehumidifier can come in handy. It can keep the humidity in the basement manageable and eliminate the irritating odor to give you a fresher environment, which is better for your health.
Comparisons Chart: Top 16 Best Rated Dehumidifiers For Basement
|Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier||4,554 reviews|
|Frigidaire FAD504DWD Energy Star 50-pint Dehumidifier||2,969 reviews|
|Frigidaire FAD704DUD 70 Pt. Dehumidifier||1,300 reviews|
|Keystone Energy Star 70 Pt. Dehumidifier, KSTAD70B||794 reviews|
|Frigidaire FAD504DUD 50-Pint Dehumidifier||638 reviews|
|Friedrich D70BP 70 Pint Dehumidifier with BUILT-IN DRAIN PUMP||504 reviews|
|Sunpentown SD-65E 65-Pint Dehumidifier||414 reviews|
|Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 Energy Star Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control, 70 pint||336 reviews|
|Whynter 12,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner, Frost White (ARC-12SD)||243 reviews|
|DeLonghi DD50P 50 Pt. Energy Star Dehumidifier with Patented Pump||177 reviews|
|Ivation IVADM15 DehumMini Powerful Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier, Small Size||144 reviews|
|Soleus Air DP1-30E-03, 30 Pint Portable Energy Star Dehumidifier, with Humidistat||141 reviews|
|Ivation IVADM20 Small-Size Thermo-Electric Intelligent Dehumidifier with Auto Humidistat||104 reviews|
|Gurin DHMD-310 Mid Size Electric Dehumidifier with 1500ml Tank||88 reviews|
|Danby Premiere DDR6009REE 60 pint dehumidifier – Euro Grey||75 reviews|
|DeLonghi DD45 PE Dehumidifier with Pump||25 reviews|
Top 16 Best Dehumidifier For Basement In The Market Today
However, choosing a good dehumidifier is no easy thing. Having that in mind, we have made efforts to gather information and bring to you best dehumidifier for basement reviews and buying guide of 2015. Included here is the best dehumidifier for basement that we have carefully chosen from thousands available on the market to provide you with the greatest options.
Best Dehumidifier For Basement Reviews:
1. Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier
The excessive moisture of the basement is no longer a concern of yours with this machine. With its amazing features such as effortlessly humidity control, continuous operations and auto shut-off function, it will help you eliminate mold, bacteria for better breathing and greater health at ease. If a fresh air and clean environment are what you are looking for, then this one could be your first choice.
2. Frigidaire FAD504DWD Energy Star 50-pint Dehumidifier
Another item from Frigidaire! It has almost the same specifications and quality as the one mentioned above. However, this one is smaller, namely 50 pint. Actually, smaller is better. It works quietly and easy to carry around your basement.
3. Friedrich D70BP 70 Pint Dehumidifier with BUILT-IN DRAIN PUMP – Never Empty Your Bucket Agai
Besides being really functional by maintaining a decent level of humidity in your basement, this item also comes in a simple and sleek design so that it won’t negate the beauty of your decor. Plus, the room temperature and humidity level are displayed for you to have better control.
4. Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 Energy Star Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control, 70 pint
Bacteria, mold, mildew that prevent you from easy breathing and adversely affect your health are all kept away with this dehumidifier. It is designed to be really easy to use and convenient with digital humidity readout, timer, control lock, etc. Plus, it is easy to be moved from one place to another. Above all, its high efficiency allows you to save money.
5. Keystone Energy Star 70 Pt. Dehumidifier, KSTAD70B
Like all other items in this collection, this one proves to be really helpful in maintaining the good level of humidity as well as eliminating mold and bacteria. Being energy-efficient is a huge plus of this dehumidifier. Not to mention that it offers users ultimate convenience with auto shut-off function and details that are removable, easy to clean.
6. DeLonghi DD45 PE Dehumidifier with Pump
Designed with pump, this dehumidifier is capable of discharging moisture continuously, which means that you no longer have to bother emptying the pocket constantly. It has the LCD electronic control and the visible water level for you to better control the performance of the unit.
7. Ivation IVADM20 Small-Size Thermo-Electric Intelligent Dehumidifier with Auto Humidistat – for Bath & Laundry Rooms, Basement, Attic, RV & Boats
Though this one is quite small, how powerful it performance actually is will amaze you. It will fit in easily in a corner of your basement and do it best to maintain the best air for you. Nice design, too.
8. Gurin DHMD-310 Mid Size Electric Dehumidifier with 1500ml Tank
The highlight of this one is its Peltier Technology, which allows it to function without the irritating noise. The size of this unit makes it possible for this one to fit in not only your basement but also other places with high humidity such as bathrooms.
9. Frigidaire FAD704DUD 70 Pt. Dehumidifier
With its modern technology, this unit allows you to have the precise control over the humidity of your basement. Everything can now be handled with ease!
10. Danby Premiere DDR6009REE 60 pint dehumidifier – Euro Grey
This one possesses many great features including continuous operations, easy-to-use electronic controls, auto restart and so on. Plus, it comes with remote control, which means that you now no longer have to go all the way downstairs to adjust the machine.
11. Whynter 12,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner, Frost White (ARC-12SD)
With modern and elegant design, this dehumidifier can blend in perfectly with the nice decor of your house. Besides the look, it comes with great quality at the same time.
12. Ivation IVADM15 Dehum Mini Powerful Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier, Small Size
It is designed to shut off automatically when the water reservoir is full and also features the indication light when it happens, so, it would be much easier for you to control its performance. It size is perfect for small spaces like your basements or laundry rooms. The nice design of this one should also be taken into consideration.
13. Sunpentown SD-65E 65-Pint Dehumidifier
This item has everything you need from a dehumidifier: it works efficiently, quietly and conveniently. As for household commodities, there are always pros and cons reviews, but the customers review for this item is not bad. Besides, with its one-year warranty, this dehumidifier is worth to take a try.
14. DeLonghi DD50P 50 Pt. Energy Star Dehumidifier with Patented Pump
The patented pump is what makes this dehumidifier highly desirable. It frees you of the worry for excessive humidity and stuffs that stems from it as well as the concern of having to constantly emptying the basket. Almost over 50% customers rate this machine 5-star. If you know it is quite hard for electronic equipment get this rate, this machine won’t let you down.
15. Frigidaire FAD504DUD 50-Pint Dehumidifier
In case you are now having a dank basement, this dehumidifier will create the difference after just a few days in operation. Its continuous operation, convenient electronic control, and constant pump option are among the factors making this one worth your purchase.
16. Soleus Air DP1-30E-03, 30 Pint Portable Energy Star Dehumidifier, with Humidistat
Another small size dehumidifier from our collection that fits perfectly into your basement or other damp places in your house! Also, you can move it easily from one room to another in case you need to.
Above are 16 options that we are convinced to be the best dehumidifier for basement. Keep in mind that our suggestions should be your reference, to make a purchase, you need to take a closer look into it, because it is not a cheap machine anyway and may cause you some problems when refund.
So, to help you make purchasing decision easier, we would like to give you further information about dehumidifiers in general.
Types of Dehumidifier
Though there are various ways to categorize dehumidifiers, they can normally fall into three groups: heat pump dehumidifiers, Dehumidifying Ventilators, and Chemical Absorbent Dehumidifiers.
Heat pump dehumidifiers: heat exchange coin, fan and a heat pump are used to eliminate the excessive humidity.
Dehumidifying Ventilators: an exhaust fan and sensor is in used.
Chemical Absorbent dehumidifiers: this kind is characterized by the use of silica gel.
Among them, the best dehumidifier for basement is the Dehumidifying ventilators. This kind of dehumidifier functions by using an exhaust fan and a sensor. They are set to a decent level of humidity so as prevent your basement from getting too dank.
Besides these kinds, people can also make their own dehumidifier with salt to absorb the moisture.
How to Choose the Best dehumidifier for basement
Though we all thoroughly understand that the presence of a dehumidifier in our basement is quite crucial, it is in fact not an easy thing to pick up a good one. As this is quite a complicated machine, there must be many different factors that you should consider before making the right purchasing decisions. Some of them are listed as follows:
- What is the size of the area you want to dehumidify? By having in mind the measurements of your basement as well as understanding how damp your basement really is, you can decide which unit to purchase. For example, for areas over 2,500 square feet that are extremely wet, a dehumidifier of 44 pint is a right choice. You can refer to AHAM – Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers for further instruction on choosing size.
- Whether it is portable or not? Portability is also a factor to be taken into account. Remember to check whether the parts are lightweight and portable so as to be easily moved from one area to another.
- Whether it features auto shut-off? You don’t want the tank to be overfilled, don’t you? Well, this feature prevents that from happening.
- Is continuous drainage available? With this function, you no longer have to bother emptying the tank all the time.
- Does it look good or not? It is for sure that you do not want a unit that looks bulky outdated and destroys the beauty of your decor in specific and your house in general.
- Which brand is it from? Surely, brand can definitely say much about the quality of the product. Don’t forget to take time research and read review about the machine as well as the brand before you make your purchase.
- How much does it cost? Well, we all need to be realistic. We cannot acquire the best thing available but we are opting for the best thing within our budget, right? Whether it fits your budget or not is definitely something to keep in mind. The expensive maybe a good one, but the suitable machine is a better one.
Besides these things, some other factors that you may not want to overlook may include storage tank capacity, Low Temperature Operation/Automatic Defrost, Built-In Humidistat, The unit’s energy performance, Washable/Removable Air Filter, and so on.
Above are our short reviews of the 16 dehumidifiers that we consider very great on the market as well as some basic information and helpful guides to assist you in choosing the best dehumidifier for basement. Hopefully, with our carefully handpicked products as well as purchasing guidance, you will soon be able to bring home your perfect dehumidifier. So, let’s put an end to dank basement!